This Stuffed Salmon with Hollandaise Sauce is very simple and easy to make and it makes an elegant, special dinner.
I recommend using wild salmon instead of farm raised. Salmon in the wild eat their natural diet whereas farm raised salmon are fed grain. Because of this, the omega 3 fatty acid content of wild salmon is many times higher and better for you.
I also recommend using Pastured Eggs for the Hollandaise Sauce since the eggs in this sauce are not cooked. Pastured eggs come from pastured chickens. Pastured chickens are chickens that are raised on a pasture and eat bugs, worms and grass, which is their natural diet. When animals eat their natural diet, they are healthier and are less likely to be infected with salmonella.
Stuffed Salmon with Hollandaise Sauce
- ½ pound Wild Salmon, cut so you have two pieces
- 6 ounce can of Crab Meat
- ½ Lime
- 1 Green Onion
- 2 tablespoons Cilantro, chopped
- ½ teaspoon Sea or Himalayan Salt
- ½ teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 clove Garlic
- ½ cup Hollandaise Sauce (see recipe below)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Farenheit.
- Juice the lime.
- Finely chop the cilantro, garlic and green onion.
- Mix the crab meat, lime, cilantro, garlic, green onion, salt and pepper together in a bowl and set aside.
- Slice the Salmon lengthwise in the center so there is a slit in it for the stuffing.
- Stuff the Salmon with the filling.
- Place in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Make the Hollandaise Sauce using the recipe below.
- When the Salmon is done, place each fillet on a plate and pour the Hollandaise Sauce over it.
- Serve and Enjoy!
- 3 Pastured Egg Yolks (Save the egg whites to make the sweet potato patties)
- ½ of a Lemon
- ¼ teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 stick of melted Grass Fed Butter
- ¼ teaspoon of Hot Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon of Filtered or Spring Water
- Heat the butter so it is melted and hot.
- Juice the lemon
- Place the egg yolks, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, hot sauce and water in the blender.
- Blend for 10 seconds.
- Pour the butter into the blender very slowly, in a thin, slow stream while the blender is running. Do not pour it too quickly or it will not thicken properly.
- The sauce should thicken immediately.
- Pour the sauce into a serving container or glass jar and put it into a bowl filled with hot water to keep it warm.