This simple Paleo cookie recipe is really easy, only has 4 ingredients, and tastes delicious. Nuts contain phytic acid which can bind to minerals in the body and make them unavailable and inhibit digestion. When almonds and other nuts are soaked the phytic acid is deactivated. It is more expensive, but it is better to use raw, soaked almond butter, which is listed below.
Simple Paleo Almond Butter Cookies
- 1 cup of Almond Butter (I recommend this one).
- 1 Egg, preferably organic and pastured
- ¼ cup Raw Honey or 2 tablespoons of Raw Honey plus ½ teaspoon of Liquid Stevia
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees fahrenheit.
- Thoroughly mix the almond butter, egg, honey, and stevia, if you are using it, until smooth.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Place one spoonful of cookie dough per cookie 2 inches apart.
- Flatten each cookie with a fork.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve warm and enjoy!