This paleo banana bread is gluten-free, grain-free, low in sugar, and contains all healthy and natural ingredients. It makes a nice change for breakfast and makes a great afternoon snack. It is best served toasted with grass-fed butter. Either raw honey or xylitol can be used as the sweetener. Raw honey is a good choice as it is very natural and unprocessed, however, Xylitol is my favorite sweetener, and I will explain the benefits below.
Benefits of Xylitol
- It is very low on the glycemic index and has zero net carb.
- Low impact on blood sugar and insulin.
- Doesn’t feed Candida or other gut pathogens which many people have.
- Doesn’t cause tooth decay.
Please note: Eating too much xylitol can cause stomach discomfort. If you tend to overeat, binge eat, or have an eating disorder, you would be better off using honey for this recipe. Also, if you are going to use Xylitol, please make sure it is Birch Xylitol, which you can get here. Most Xylitol on the market is made from corn and corn is one of the most genetically modifed foods and is very harmful. The brand I just listed is made from birch and is way healthier.
Paleo Banana Bread Recipe
- 3 very ripe Bananas
- ½ cup Chocolate Chips
- 3 cups of Almond or Cashew Flour
- 2 organic or pastured Eggs
- 3 tablespoons Grass-Fed Butter
- ¼ cup Coconut Milk
- ¼ cup Xylitol or Raw Honey
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- ¼ teaspoon Himalayan or Sea Salt
- Optional: 1 cup of Macadema Nuts, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Place the nut flour, baking soda, salt, xylitol if you are using it in a bowl.
- Place the eggs in a bowl and whisk them.
- Mash the bananas with either a fork or a potato masher.
- Melt the butter.
- Make a hole in the center of the dry ingredients.
- Pour in the eggs, honey if you are using it, coconut milk, mashed bananas and melted butter into the hole.
- Thoroughly mix up all of the ingredients.
- Add the macademia nuts and/or chocolate chips last.
- Grease a 6x10 bread pan with butter or coconut oil.
- Pour in the batter.
- Bake for 50 minutes.
- Take the bread out when done and let it cool.
- Refrigerate and slice.
- It is best served toasted with butter.
- You could also use this recipe to make muffins. You would want to reduce the baking time to around 30 minutes or until firm.