This is a healthy chicken parmesan recipe. It is grain-free and gluten free, uses goat cheese instead of cow cheese, and uses coconut oil for cooking. Allergies to cow’s dairy is one of the most common food allergies. Many people who are allergic or sensitive to cow’s dairy can tolerate goat. Coconut oil holds up well when heated and is one of the best oils to cook with. Gluten is also a common allergin and this healthy chicken parmesan recipe does not have gluten or any other grains. It uses tapioca flour (also called tapioca starch) for the coating. Most gluten-free recipes call for almond or other nut flours but these oxide when heated and become unhealthy. Tapioca starch doesn’t do this and also has a better, lighter flavor.
Healthy Chicken Parmesan Recipe
Healthy Chicken Parmesan (Paleo, Gluten-Free, Goat Cheese)
Author: Susanne Runion
Recipe type: Main Course
This healthy chicken parmesan recipe is gluten-free, grain-free, uses healthy oils, and calls for goat cheese instead of cow cheese.
- 2 pounds Organic or Pastured Chicken boneless legs
- 1 cup Tapioca Starch (like this)
- 1 cup of grated Goat Cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon dried Thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried Oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried Sage
- ½ teaspoon Himalayan or Sea Salt
- ½ teaspoon Black Pepper
- ¼ cup Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1 bottle of Organic Marinara Sauce
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Place the Tapioca starch in a bowl with the herbs, salt and pepper.
- Mix together.
- Place eggs in another bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Dip the chicken pieces into the egg and then into the tapioca starch.
- Place on a plate.
- Place the coconut oil in a pan and heat over medium high heat.
- Place the coated chicken pieces in the pan.
- Cook for 5-10 minutes on each side.
- Put on a plate when done.
- You will probably have to cook them in two batches.
- Take a large glass baking pan and put a small amount of Marinara sauce in the bottom so the chicken doesn't stick.
- Put all of the chicken into the pan.
- Cover with marinara sauce.
- Cook for 30 minutes.
- Take out and place the grated goat cheese on top.
- Cover with foil.
- Cook another 10 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!