This superfood Goji Berry ice cream is dairy-free and has no refined sugar. Goji berries are considered a superfood and this goji berry ice cream contains both goji berries and goji berry powder. If you don’t have an ice cream maker, I recommend this one.
These are the benefits of goji berries:
- High in anti-oxidants.
- Boosts immune system.
- Protective to the liver.
- Improves eye sight due to its high concentration of beta-carotene and zeaxanthin.
- High in protein. Goji berries contain all essential amino acids and have the highest concentration of protein than any other fruit.
- Contains a high amount of minerals and trace minerals.
- Helps lower back pain. According to Chinese medicine this is because they act on the liver and kidney meridians.
- Can aid in cancer treatments. In a study in the Chinese Journal of Oncology in 1994, one group was given goji berries and one was given a placebo. The patients in the goji berry group responded better to their cancer treatments than the group that had the placebo.
Superfood Double Goji Berry Ice Cream
- Place the coconut milk, goji berry powder, sweetener, and vodka into the blender.
- The vodka is optional and keeps the leftover ice cream frozen at a better consistency. If you don't want to use it, only make the amount of ice cream that you are going to eat as the leftover will not freeze well without it.
- Blend until smooth.
- Place into an ice cream maker (I use this one and love it!).
- Add the goji berries.
- Turn on the ice cream maker for 10-15 minutes or until the ice cream has formed the consistency of a soft ice cream.
- Serve and enjoy.