This crab dip with cream cheese recipe makes a nice appetizer if you are going to a pot luck or a party, or having a movie night. It goes well with steamed artichokes, asparagus and cauliflower. You could also serve it with gluten-free or grain-free crackers. It can also be eaten cold.
Crab Dip with Cream Cheese Recipe
- 1 - 8 ounce package of Cream Cheese (I used goat cream cheese from Trader Joes but any cream cheese will work)
- 1 can of Crab Meat
- 2 Green Onions, finely chopped
- ¼ cup Homemade Mayonnaise
- 8 ounce can of Water Chestnuts, finely chopped
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- ¼ teaspoon Himalayan or sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon Pepper
- ½ teaspoon Paprika
- 1 tablespoon butter or coconut oil
- Steamed asparagus, cauliflower and artichokes for dipping.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Finely chop the red pepper and saute in a pan with butter or coconut oil
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl,except for the steamed vegetables, and add the sauteed red peppers.
- Place in a baking dish and put in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Wash and chop the asparagus, cauliflower and artichoke and steam until al dente. The artichoke will take longer to cook, around an hour so they should be started first.
Store bought mayonnaise is very unhealthy, as it contains bad oils and genetically modified ingredients. If you do not want to make the mayonnaise yourself, I recommend this brand which is organic and made with healthy oils.
Serve the crab dip with cream cheese recipe with the steamed vegetables or gluten-free, grain-free crackers. If you want to make the crackers yourself, I recommend this recipe. If you want to buy something already made, I recommend this one, as it is both gluten-free and grain-free. Enjoy!