Below are all of the amazing goji berry benefits. You will also learn how to make a goji berry parfait with cacao.
Goji Berry Benefits
- High in anti-oxidants.
- Boosts immune system.
- Protective to the liver.
- Improves eye sight due to its high concentration of beta-carotene and zeaxanthin.
- High in protein. Goji berries contain all essential amino acids and have the highest concentration of protein than any other fruit.
- Contains a high amount of minerals and trace minerals.
- Helps lower back pain. According to Chinese medicine this is because they act on the liver and kidney meridians.
- Can aid in cancer treatments. In a study in the Chinese Journal of Oncology in 1994, one group was given goji berries and one was given a placebo. The patients in the goji berry group responded better to their cancer treatments than the group that had the placebo.
Please note: According to WedMD, Goji berries can thin the blood and can cause an adverse reaction with blood thinning medications like Warfarin so please check with your doctor before consuming them. They may also interact with diabetes and blood pressure drugs as well.
This is a wonderful dessert to have after a special meal. Goji berries and raw cacao are considered superfoods and have numerous health benefits. Coconut milk and cream provides healthy fat, and stabilizes your blood sugar.
Goji Berry Raw Cacao Parfait
- If you are using full fat canned coconut milk, place it in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- If you are using canned coconut cream, you don't have to refrigerate it.
- Open the can of coconut milk or coconut cream.
- Spoon out the solid portion and place into a mixing bowl.
- Discard the liquid.
- Add the honey or xylitol.
- Beat with an electric mixer for a few minutes until the coconut resembles whipped cream.
- Divide the coconut cream up between 4 small 4 ounce dessert dishes.
- Add a layer of cacao nibs in the middle and cover with coconut cream.
- The coconut cream is very rich so you will want to use very small dishes.
- Place 1 tablespoons of goji berries and 1 tablespoon of cacao nibs on top right before you serve it. (Do not put the goji berries on too soon as they will get mushy.)
- Serve and enjoy all the goji berry benefits in good health!