I was craving chicken tenders and came up with this gluten-free chicken tenders recipe which is also completely grain-free. It is a simple, delicious meal. There is no gluten, grains, or unhealthy oils. It is chicken tenders the way they should be.
Gluten-Free Chicken Tenders Recipe
- 1½ pounds Organic Chicken Thighs
- 2 cups Almond or Cashew Flour
- 2 teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 2 teaspoons Onion Powder
- 2 teaspoons Dried Parsley
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan Salt
- 1 teaspoon Pepper
- 2 Organic Eggs
- 1 cup Coconut or Avocado Oil
- Cut the chicken into strips.
- Crack the eggs and place into a large bowl and whisk.
- Place the chicken strips into the bowl and coat with the eggs.
- Place the almond or pecan flour into a separate bowl and mix in the garlic, onion, parsley , salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken strips into the bowl and coat with the flour.
- Heat the coconut oil in a skillet.
- Place the coated chicken strips in the skillet and cook for about 5 minutes each side until browned. It will probably take two batches.
- Let the coconut oil harden and throw into the garbage. Do not wash it down as the sink as it could cause a clog.
- Serve with honey mustard dip (recipe below).
Honey Mustard Dip for the Gluten-Free Chicken Tenders
- 1 cup Homemade Mayonaisse
- ½ cup Dijon Mustard
- ½ cup Raw Honey
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan or sea salt
- 1 teaspoon Pepper
- Whisk all of the ingredients together until thoroughly mixed.
- It can also be used as a salad dressing or put it over steamed vegetables.
Most store bought mayos are made with canola and soy oils which are extremely genetically modified. It is much better to make your own mayo. Some people worry about getting salmonella from the raw eggs in homemade mayo, but it is very rare. People who are elderly, immune compromised, or small children should avoid it though. If you need to purchase a commercial mayo, this is the only one I know of that is organic and made of healthy oils. You can buy it online, but I don’t know if any health food stores carry it.