Most breakfast cereals are loaded with unhealthy grains, sugar, and genetically modified ingredients. This super food gluten-free cereal is a healthier version of cereal containing the super foods goji berries and cacao, nuts, seeds, natural sweeteners, and spices. This gluten-free cereal is also completely grain-free.
Gluten-Free Cereal Recipe
- Soak the hazelnuts, pumpkin seeds and macademia nuts each in a cup of water overnight. The hemp seeds do not have to be soaked. (Nuts and seeds contain phytic acid and other anti-nutrients which prevent you from absorbing minerals. Soaking gets rid of most of these anti-nutrients.)
- Soak the flax seeds in 3 cups of water overnight.
- Drain the water off the hazelnuts, pumpkin seeds and macademia nuts. The flax seeds will have formed a gel so you won't be able to drain the water off of those.
- Place the hazelnuts and macademia nuts in a food processor or mini chopper until they are chopped into medium sized pieces.
- Place the flaxseed gel in a large bowl.
- Add the chopped nuts, hemp seeds and pumpkin seeds to the bowl and mix everything together.
- Add the sweetener and goji berries.
- Do not add the cacoa nibs until it is done.
- Spread out onto dehydrator sheets as thinly as possible. Dehydrate for around 24 hours, turning it over after 12.
- If you don't have a dehydrator, you can dry this out in the oven on the lowest possible temperature. Spread out on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. It will probably take 3-4 hours or longer depending on your oven. You will need to check it frequently to see when it is done.
- Break up into pieces when done and add the cacoa nibs and store in a glass jar. It should keep for a couple of weeks.
- Serve with coconut, hemp, or almond milk.