This easy salmon recipe is perfect for nights when you are too busy to spend a lot of time cooking, but still want a delicious meal. You can just take a stick of butter out of the refrigerator in the morning, and it will be nice and soft by the time you get home, or you can make the herb butter in advance so you have it on hand.
Easy Salmon Recipe with Herb Butter
- 2 pounds of Wild Salmon
- 1 stick of grass-fed butter, softened at room temperature (like this)
- 2 tablespoons Avocado oil (like this) (use could use olive oil but avocado has a better flavor)
- 1 tablespoon dried Dill
- 1½ teaspoons dried Cilantro
- ¼ teaspoon Himalayan or Sea Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Onion Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Place the softened butter in a bowl.
- Add the avocado or oil oil.
- Add the dill, cilantro, salt, onion power, and garlic powder.
- Mix up and put in the refrigerator.
- Place the salmon in then oven on parchment paper.
- Cook for 20 minutes.
- Serve with the herb butter.
Please make sure that you use wild salmon and not farm-raised. Farm-raised salmon are fed grains, which is not their natural diet. Because of that, farm-raised salmon contains very low levels of Omega 3 fatty acids which we need to be in good health. Fish farming is also bad for the environment, and the fish live in crowded pens and are not treated very humanely.
This goes well with steamed asparagus or broccoli. If you have leftover herb butter, you can put it over the vegetables. It is a good idea to make extra herb butter and have it on hand to make this simple meal even easier.