We are having a very warm Indian Summer here in Northern California. Even though it is October, it doesn’t feel like Fall at all. I am still eating homemade ice cream almost every night. It was in the mid 80’s all last week and I had to use an air conditioner all week in my office which is really unusual! I wanted to make something that was more appropriate for Fall so I came up with this recipe for Dairy Free Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream. You might want to PIN this and make it for Thanksgiving. You’ll need a couple of small pumpkins that you can scoop out and use as serving dishes.
Dairy Free Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream
- Cup the tops of the pumpkins and scoop out the insides
- Place the coconut milk, pumpkin, sweetener, allspice and vodka if you are using it in a blender.
- The vodka helps the ice cream to freeze to a better consistency. If you don't want to use it, only make the amount you are going to eat because it won't freeze well without the vodka.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour into a ice cream maker (I have this one and LOVE it)
- Turn on the ice cream maker.
- It should take around 15 minutes.
- It is done when it forms the consistency of a soft-serve ice cream.
- Spoon into pumpkin bowls.
- Serve and Enjoy!