This dairy free ice cream has a nice combination of orange and chocolate flavors and is sugar free, and is served in cute scooped out oranges. The flavors are really light and refreshing. You can use either birch xylitol or raw honey for the sweetener. The vodka is optional but will give any leftovers a better consistency when frozen.
Dairy Free Ice Cream – Chocolate Orange (Paleo)
- Break or chop the chocolate into small pieces.
- *You could use chocolate chips but I don't recommend them as even the healthy ones have too much sugar. The 85% dark chocolate has very little sugar.
- Place the coconut milk, cocoa, orange extract, vodka and sweetener into the blender.
- **The vodka is optional. It gives the leftover ice cream a better consistency when frozen. If you don't want to use the vodka, just make the amount that you are going to eat so there is none leftover.
- Pour the mixture into the ice cream maker (This is the one I use).
- Turn it on.
- Add the chocolate chunks.
- Wait 10-15 minutes until the ice cream forms the consistency of a soft serve ice cream.
- Cut off the tops of the oranges and scoop out the fruit.
- Spoon the ice cream into the oranges.
- Serve and enjoy.