I made these Paleo Crab Stuffed Mushrooms one night when I had a bunch of leftover mushrooms that I had to use up so they wouldn’t go bad. I love crab and had an extra can in the cabinet and it seemed like a perfect combination. I also happened to have some extra goat cheese in the refrigerator so it was meant to be. This really makes a nice appetizer. It is great if you have to go to a potluck or a picnic. This would also be a good recipe to PIN for later and make around the holidays.
Paleo Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
First, you want to get together all of the ingredients. It is best to use Portabella mushrooms. I used half Portabella and half Shitake because that is what I had in the house but Portabella work better. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
Next, you want to grate the cheese. If you are using fresh thyme or oregano, remove the leaves from the stems. Thinly slice the green onions. Open the can of crab meat. In a bowl, mix together the grated cheese, the crab meat, the green onions, the herbs and the salt and pepper.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Remove the stems from the mushrooms and fill each one with the mixture.
Bake for 15 minutes.
Garnish with fresh Parsley. Serve and Enjoy!
- 1 pound of Mushrooms (Portabella or white mushrooms work best)
- 1 can of Crab Meat
- 3 Green Onions
- 1½ teaspoons of fresh Thyme or ½ teaspoon dried
- 1½ teaspoons of fresh Oregan or ½ teaspoon dried
- ¼ teaspoon of Himalayan or Sea Salt
- ¼ teaspoon of Pepper
- ½ cup Goat Cheese (I use Goat Gouda from Trader Joes)
- Fresh Parsley for Garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Wash the mushrooms and remove the stems.
- Thinly slice the green onions.
- Grate the cheese.
- Open the can of crab meat.
- In a bowl, mix together the grated cheese, the crab meat, the green onions, the herbs and the salt and pepper.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Fill each mushroom with the mixture and place on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley.
- Serve and Enjoy!