This recipe for gluten-free Chicken Picatta contains a wonderful blend of white wine, lemon, butter, and capers. It is grain-free and gluten free and uses healthy oils to cook with. Avocado oil and coconut oil hold up well when heated and are two of the best oils to cook with. Gluten is also a common allergen and this healthy chicken picatta recipe does not have gluten or any other grains. It uses tapioca flour (also called tapioca starch) and coconut flour for the coating. Most gluten-free recipes call for almond or other nut flours but these oxide when heated and become unhealthy. Tapioca starch and coconut flour do not do this and also have a better, lighter flavor.
Chicken Picatta Recipe
- 1½ pounds Organic or Pastured Chicken boneless legs
- ½ cup Tapioca Starch (like this)
- ½ cup Coconut Flour (like this)
- 2 Organic or Pastured Eggs
- ½ teaspoon Himalayan or Sea Salt
- ½ teaspoon Black Pepper
- ½ teaspoon Onion Powder
- ¼ cup Avocado Oil (like this) or Coconut Oil
- 4 tablespoons of Grass-fed Butter (like this)
- ¾ cups of White Wine
- ¼ cup Lemon Juice
- ¼ cup Capers
- Place the oil in a pan and heat over medium high heat.
- Place the Tapioca Starach and Coconut Flour in a bowl with the onion powder, salt and pepper.
- Mix together.
- Place eggs in another bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Dip the chicken pieces into the egg and then into the flour mixture.
- Place the coated chicken pieces in the pan.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes on each side.
- Add the butter and let it melt.
- Add the wine and lemon.
- Let simmer for 20 minutes, turning once.
- Add the capers at the end.
- Place on plates.
- Spoon the sauce over it.
For more gluten-free recipes, click here.