Liver is considered by many to be a superfood. It is extremely nutrient-dense and many of us realize that we should eat more of it, but it can be hard to find ways to eat it that actually taste good. This chicken liver pate with bacon and horseradish is an easy way to eat liver. The bacon and horseradish cover up the flavor of the liver and give it a nice flavor.
Benefits of Eating Liver
Chicken Liver Pate with Bacon and Horseradish
- 1 pound Chicken Liver
- 6 slices of thick bacon, uncured and without nitrates
- ¼ cup Horseradish
- 3 tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- ½ teaspoon Sea or Himalayan Salt
- 1 teaspoon Sage
- 1 teaspoon Thyme
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Parsley for garnish
- Cook the bacon in a pan until it is crispy.
- Set aside.
- Reserve ¼ cup of the bacon fat to use to cook the liver
- Discard the rest
- Add the liver to the pan.
- Saute for about 10 minutes.
- Add in the salt, pepper, onion, garlic, sage, thyme, horseradish and balsamic vinegar.
- Add the liver mixture and the bacon to a Vitamix or food processor.
- Blend until smooth.
- Cool in the refrigerator and serve with cut up vegetables and gluten-free crackers.