This is a simple, easy, healthy recipe for chicken coconut curry. It uses coconut milk, chicken, curry, tumeric and vegetables. You can also use shrimp as a variation.
Chicken coconut curry is a recipe that you can easily make anytime. I always keep cans of coconut milk, coconut oil (like this), tumeric and curry in my pantry. I usually have frozen, boneless chicken in the freezer, or you can use shrimp. I just use whatever vegetables I have in my refrigerator or in my garden.
Tumeric has amazing health benefits. Eating chicken coconut curry on a regular basis is a great way to get more of this into your diet.
The chicken provides plenty of protein, and the coconut milk and oil provides plenty of healthy fat. The greens provide magnesium and other minerals. Tumeric is great for your skin, is high in anti-oxidants, supports your liver, joint function, and increases immune functioning.
Chicken Coconut Curry Recipe
- ½ lb. boneless organic chicken thighs, cut into bite sized pieces
- 3 medium sized carrots, chopped
- 4 stalks of celery, chopped
- 4 cups of leafy greens, chopped (I used bok choy and mustard greens from my winter garden)
- 4 green onions
- 1 teaspoon of curry powder
- 1 teaspoon of tumeric powder or 1 tablespoon fresh tumeric root, peeled and finely grated
- 1 teaspoon of Himalayan or sea salt
- ¾ can coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Chop all of the vegetables.
- Chop the boneless chicken into bite sized pieces.
- Melt the coconut oil over medium high heat.
- Add the carrots and celery to the pan and begin stir frying.
- When the carrots and celery are starting to get tender, add the chicken pieces.
- Wait until the chicken is cooked and then add the greens and the green onions.
- After the greens are pretty well cooked, add the coconut milk, the curry, the tumeric and the Himalayan salt.
- Let it simmer a few minutes and serve.
- If you have leftovers, coconut curry chicken often tastes even better the next day and the flavors have more time to blend and sink in.
THIS IS SOOOO GOOD! YUMMY HEALTHY EASY AND EVEN THE KIDS LIKED IT!!
This dish looks delicious Susan. Full of veggies, tasty chicken and awesome tumeric. I can’t wait to cook it.
It is really good and easy. I hope you like it.
Pingback: Grain-Free Weekly Meal Plan