This cauliflower rice recipe was inspired by a breakfast I had in my hotel while traveling in Indonesia. I wanted to create a healthier version without any grains, and grated cauliflower is a great grain-free substitute for rice, and makes you feel so much lighter. This cauliflower rice makes a really nice breakfast to have on the weekends.
Cauliflower also has many health benefits:
- Has Anti-Cancer Properties. Cauliflower contains sulfur compounds that have been proven to kill cancer cells.
- Is Very Detoxifying due to its high concentration of glucosinolates and sulfur.
- Has High Levels of Anti-Oxidants. Cauliflower contains vitamin C, manganese and phytonutrients.
- Is Anti-Inflammatory. Cauliflower contains many anti-inflammatory compounds.
- Improves Brain Health due to its high level of choline.
- Contains High Levels of Vitamins and Minerals. Cauliflower is a good source of vitamin C, vitamin K, B vitamins, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, and manganese.
Breakfast Cauliflower Rice
- 1 head of Cauliflower
- 3 Green Onions
- 1 Red Pepper
- ½ lb. Cooked Ham Steak
- ½ teaspoon of Himalayan or Sea Salt
- ¼ cup Slivered Almonds
- 2 T Coconut Oil or Avocado Oil (this is the brand I use)
- 4 Eggs
- Grate the Cauliflower.
- Finely chop the Pepper.
- Thinly slice the Green Onions.
- Steam the Cauliflower for 10 minutes.
- Place the rice in a collander and run cold water over it.
- Place the Cauliflower in a dishtowel.
- Squeeze all the excess liquid out of it.
- Add the oil to the pan.
- Add the Cauliflower, Red Pepper, Green Onion, Almonds, Ham and Salt to the pan.
- Saute for 10 minutes.
- Cook the eggs Sunnyside up in a separate pan.
- Place the cauliflower rice on a plates with an egg on top.